Unique one-dip galvanising
Don’t give your Zinc away
Quantum™– EMW™ electro-magnetic wiping process was designed in a wiremill with input from engineers and operators in order to produce a hi speed wiping system that was easy to use, low maintenance from a technical and operator point of view. After 10 years of development and refinement it was launched on the international market. More than 48 systems have been sold worldwide.
Traditional galvanising processes like Charcoal and Gas Gravel Zinc Coating are slow and wasteful. Inconsistency (peaks and troughs) in the thickness of the Zinc coating is the single biggest cost to companies in the galvanising process.
For the last decade the ground breaking Quantum™– EMW™ electro-magnetic wiping process has used high frequency electromagnetic fields to wipe away excess Zinc and Zinc Aluminium – achieving cost per ton reductions of more than 25% (accuracy to within 15gms is possible).
Click here for a free broad evaluation of what savings the Quantum™– EMW™ unit may achieve for your company.
- Save between $US250,000 and $US500,000 annually by using less Zinc to achieve the required thickness.
- The Quantum™– EMW™ unit reaches excellent accuracy levels of coatings on all shapes of wire.
- Improve line speed with no detriment to the coating or coat weight control.
- Lowest capital cost than other hi speed wiping systems. Payback can be as low as 8 to 12 months.
- Increased yield savings.
- Lowest ongoing operational cost compared with other wiping systems. Savings of between 32% and 60% have been achieved compared with other hi speed systems such as Nitrogen wiping.
- Achieve faster production by moving from speeds of 40 or 60 DV to 80 or 300 DV proven.
- Effective with 1004 to 1092 carbon grade wires.
- Coating weight range typically is 175 to 500g/m2. Coating weights outside of these measurements have been achieved in normal production.
- Easy to install, the low maintenance Quantum™– EMW™ unit is compatible with other wiping processes.
- Extremely smooth and concentric finish for a bright appearance.
- The wire does not have to sit in the centre of the wiping system to achieved a smooth concentric finish like other systems.
Operational and Environmental Advantages
- Remove dangerous and environmentally harmful chemicals and acids, like hydrogen sulphide, from your production processes.
- The Quantum™– EMW™ unit is noise free, clean and safe.
- Operators spend less time at the Zinc bath than any other wiping system. This allows them to spend more time on the rest of production.
- Lowest cost
- Outstanding on the ground technical support, backed by more than 12 years of wire manufacturing experience – includes training, manuals and remote support.
- Eliminates scrap produced from raking and Nitrogen nozzle maintenance.
- Easy to install, easy to thread up and easy to operate.
- Operational within hours of installation.
Production parameters ZnAl 5%
- Coating weight range is 65 to more than 500g/m2, depending on controlled operating parameters, but coating weights outside of these measurements have been achieved.
- Wire diameter ranges of 1.57mm to 8.0mm.
- 1006 to 1092 carbon grade wires.
How the Quantum™– EMW™ unit works
The breakthrough technology of Quantum EMW has 3 basic components:
1. A high frequency power supply to induce a magnetic field.
2. A supply of nitrogen.
3. An electromagnetic chamber mounted over a zinc bath.
During the Quantum™ process, hot wires are drawn vertically from the Zinc bath in to an electro-magnetic chamber where Nitrogen maintains the Zinc in a molten state.
High frequency electro-magnetic pulses create a force, which wipes
excess Zinc back into the bath. The amount of Zinc wiped from the wire
is directly proportional to the applied force.